I may have hit the jackpot — finding a “sandwich” that my kids will devour.
Pigs in a blanket.
Whatever they’re named, the kidlets LOVE them.
And, they were a piece of cake to make.
It’s a win-win bento.
- Premade raw biscuits (if using biscuit dough, cut out your biscuit shapes prior to completing the following steps.)
- Favorite meat — sausages, black forest ham, etc
- Shredded cheese
- Flatten each biscuit (by hand or with a rolling pin) . Using small Christmas-themed cookie cutters, cut out one Christmas shape for each kolache you’ll be making.
- Using a small brush or pastry brush, dab food coloring on the cut-out shapes.
- With the remaining biscuits, roll them out and fill with the meat and shredded cheese.
- Fold the sides up over the biscuit, like an envelope.
- Position the Christmas cut-out on the wrapped kolache and gently press it into the dough.
- Bake according to the recommended temperature and time settings for your biscuits/mix instructions.
- Remove and let cool before feeding them to hungry kidlets.
As far as the rest of our bento . . .
- Fresh oranges from our tree (YES!)
- Sliced carrots and “Laughing Cow Dip”
- Candy Canes
Interested in our bento box? It’s a Bright Bin New Generation Box; two tiers with divided compartments. We LOVE it!